At a community barbeque our 10-year-old daughter was drawn to the clown making balloon animals. She ran to have a ladybug made. She loved it and wore it on her wrist. Upon returning home from the 10 minute drive, her wrist was blistered with bleeding lesions. We remembered a similar reaction the previous summer and only then realized that the watch she had been wearing must have also been made with latex.
Our pediatrician immediately sent us to an allergist who performed tests and confirmed our fears. She is now very attuned to staying away from all latex products to avoid any respiratory effects and has an epi-pen just in case.